Thursday, September 9, 2010

Playing Catch Up from Xanga, Originally dated August 24, 2010

I mean... UPDATED!

Wow where has the time gone? Where has this summer gone? I'm comfortably wearing a hoodie today... its so wrong, but it feels so right.

So over the past few weeks we have done these things:

Received a free pinball machine from 1977...mint condition. Its a great addition to the dining room (I am now the best wife ever) and creates awesome pinball score battles when friends come over...



I found time to take a bath... aside from wanting/needing a bigger bathtub (FOR TWO! with JETS!) i do love my bathroom... its very relaxing:



I attempted to make taffy and failed... EPICALLY FAILED:



I made fish tacos and all jokes aside, I totally scored on making the worlds tastiest fish tacos (i even made the tortilla from scratch)...



Spent some time with my Neph-dog (Nephew that is a dog), Cuervo:



So with how hectic our summer has been... how stressed out we have been... and how badly we needed not only a few days alone, but a few days without spending a dime, we planned a 4 day weekend! The plan was simple; continue saving our pennies since we had a little financial hole to dig ourselves out of. So, my mind was set, life on track... and I was ready on Friday, August 13th at 3pm to put all my thoughts and worries aside... grab an ice cold beer, light a fire in the fire pit, and sit on my ass for four days.

SO that isn't what happened at ALL. As I'm sure you can guess, there is a giant curve ball in the mix. I arrived at home to a note on the door from the water company. You see, the shut off valve for our water line has been leaking. We just did our duty and called them assuming they would take care of it. Instead the HANDWRITTEN note says:

"There is a leak in your line, fix it in the next two weeks or we shut off your water"

&%&%^#^#*%()%*($%&*$@#$!$#^%*^&!
AHHHHHHHHKKKKKKKK!

So of course nothing can be done until Monday. I have the appointment lined up for the water company to SHOW ME how they came to this conclusion early Monday morning and also set up several plumbers to give us the bad news Monday afternoon.

So this was on my mind all weekend... what if its several grand that I don't have? What if they have to dig up my entire yard... why the hell did it have to happen NOW?!?!

And the entire time, the birdies were just enjoying their new bird bath:



So after a few ruined days it turns out it is our fault, and several estimates later we settled on replacing our entire water line (it was galvanized and OLD as heck). Oh and this is a $1,400 job. Just so you know :)
I had, by this time, started counting my blessings:

1) the leak could have been worse
2) it could have exploded
3) i still have my health
4) we were able to afford it with some creative bill rearranging..
5) it could have happened in winter
6) At least Nanobots aren't running wild and eating us alive... yet.

Tuesday, the last day of my mini staycation, I was finally able to relax. Went back to work on Wednesday, and then home for the day on Thursday for the new water line.

Diggin Diggin Diggin... They were able to dig ONE hole and pull the entire line. I still have to replace the cement in the sidewalk, but still, this is awesome:



After they finished i went out to see the old line. The worker tells my husband "I ain't never seen nobody take no pictures of the old pipe" and Bili responds "You obviously haven't met my wife, she documents everything"
HA!

So I counted a lot more blessings once i saw this pipe... i CANNOT believe we were drinking water out of this thing... ew. ew. ew. ew. ew.



So that is over. Another thing we never see or think about that we wont have to see or think about while owning our home.

After that, life went on as usual... Bili snapped this Picture because EVERY DAMN TIME I do Yoga, Vega has to show me up. I posed in Downward Facing dog to get the picture and my point across... but she seriously does this every time:



Also, last Friday we took the Camel to a nightclub. Yup. You heard me correctly. The club was celebrating its 15th anniversary so we traveled to the Flats in Cleveland and set up outside. And talked to drunk people like they were stupid kids all night. It was great. I heard "OHMYGAWDISDATAFOOKINCAMEL" at least 200 times... and several drunk chicks thought they were gonna just climb the fence and jump on Gretchen. I was like um, NO. get DOWN. Felt awesome.

Here is Dan, Tricyn and I posing with the lady of the hour Miss Gretchen:



The best part was at the end when we were loading up and trying to keep people out of her path and they were NOT listening... the Club's bouncers were even gettin in peoples faces and shouting at them for not listening to us... I mean what part about "You look nice ma'am, so nice, I'm sure that dress will get you done every which way tonight with one of these winners currently pounding their denim crotch against the glass window up there, but this camel, you see, if she kicks on accident- well... your leg will break. Instantly. broke and broke. so, please wait a few minutes while we load her into the trailer and you can get on your skanky way"

Surprisingly that didn't work out so well and they just marched forward and fearless.

So now I have a full work week to finish and another busy weekend awaiting me. Tonight i will pretend that cleaning, laundry and cooking is a mini vacation and enjoy all the true blood, real world, and jersey shore that is on the DVR. And the Breyers Heath Bar Ice Cream in the freezer.... YUM!

Also - happy dance- we have cut our monthly food + misc average from 800+ to less then $350 :) SCORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment