Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Summer Vacation

AKA a trip to my parents house!
My parents took a last minute trip to Emerald Isle, NC. And asked us to watch their house and do all the work that comes with it. Now, i love my parents house... but i am glad to be home. Being 20 minutes away from everything you know and do- doesn't sound very far, but we felt isolated at times.
Day 1 and Reason #1 to love my parents house
The Stocked bar!

Day 2 and reason to cry run and hide?
Wolf Spider in the HOUSE...in THE HOUSE



Day 2 and Reason #2 for loving my parents house- My Brother George. He is a 23 year old Red Lord Amazon Parrot. We have owned him his entire life! I caught him eating pizza... so he is a little surprised! ha!

Vega dragged the fish pillow next to Klohe's bed to snuggle a little! They love each other!

Day three and reason #3 for loving my parents house... THE CHICKENS!!!!



Saturday night Chris and Pink came over to hang out. I played Bartender and had a blasty Blast!

Cosmo's all around!

The boys drinking the girlie drinks i made them!

the Blue Diablo!

And my favorite- the Moscow Mule!

Day 4, reason #4 to love my parents house: All the great places to sit and enjoy Nature... chipmunks, deer, turkeys, hawks, woodpeckers (three sizes!) and I took this picture from the wrap around front porch

Day 5 and reason #5 why i love my parents house. That my friends, is a tanning bed. Nothing like doing chores (and there are A LOT) then running on the treadmill, heading immediately to this tanning bed to warm sore muscles, and finish it off with a shower. Love it!



Day 6 and reason #6 why i love my parents house: the DEER! These two frolic around like this neighborhood is their playground, got to be careful when driving!



Day number seven and reason #7 for loving my parents house... the Chickens front row view of the pond...and yes that is a lamp post in the woods (NARNIA?!?!)



The Koi fish (big as cats!)



Day number eight and reason #8 that i love my parents house. THE HOME GYM! Complete with built in mirrors! Love it!



Day 9 and reason #9 for loving my parents house... breakfast on the deck!



Think we have been eating a lot of eggs while here?



Day 10 and reason number ten for loving my parents house... BILI IS HERE WITH ME! awwwww!



Took a hike with Vega on our last day... this is walking down the driveway of the neighbors that live directly behind my parents house... i grew up playing here! Isnt it funny that this is where i grew up and yet i hate to go camping?



Behind my parents house there has always been this mucky nasty pond... there are a few nicer ponds beyond it but Vega was too hot to continue the walk further. When i was a kid someone dumped a bunch of HUGE old fashion carnival stuffed animals in this muck (for shooting practice perhaps?) and they were there for the longest time... making it look VERY creepy



So of course Vega dived right in... and sank into the mud up to her belly.... here she is carefully climbing out of the muck, see all the deer hoof prints in the dried mud?



Look at those mud-socks!

We had a good time! But next year- we are going on vacation with them! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment