Thursday, September 9, 2010

Playing Catch Up from Xanga, Originally dated July 2010

I love animals.
There, i said it.
All you humans can go to hell.
JUST KIDDING. But i do like animals better then people... i just do.

Some good friends of mine have been running an animal rescue for over 20 years. I just got involved about three years ago and have been blessed to help them do events and educate people on some of the wonderful creatures that exist on this planet.

Today we took a Llama, 5 goats, 4mth old white Bengal tiger, Cockatoo, Albino Burmese Python, and a Baby Wallaby up to Toledo (a 3 hour drive for us).

Here is Sasha the Cockatoo... LOVE HER... she is so social, and i have never trusted a bird so much!

sasha

sash1

Now the super cute Bengal Tiger, Miss Leah. Love her as well! Its amazing how normal it is for me to be around tigers now... i dont freak out with excitement like i should! I mean, WHO GETS TO DO THIS? really?

leahmariah
I took a turn at babysitting... gladly!

leah1

leah

Some guy brought this Raccoon, I almost took him home.

raccoon2

raccoon

Now if you dont like snakes, you will hate these next few pics. But it was my job today to walk around with Butterscotch the Albino Burmese Python wrapped around my body. He wiggled and slithered all over me constantly... it was fun! He is 9 feet long and almost 50lbs!

buttercothc

butterscotch

butterscotch1

That was my day. Days like this remind me how lucky i am...and how amazing my life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment