Thursday, March 15, 2012

Farm workin!

In a nutshell I have been Volunteering at a local rescue-farm for over 5 years. Just lately have I dedicated weekly time with whatever needs done that day. I had been helping with events mostly. Now ill be doing both. Perhaps someday ill have my life in order to make it a full time career, but for now- its part time. 
That being said, I get to do some pretty odd and amazing things, that are blog worthy. And I would like to catalog the memories.


The past few weeks I have been taught the feeding-watering of some the animals. Cleaned out pens/cages/aquariums. And random clean up-storage-etc.


Today we cleaned up the Goat-Llama-Pony area. It needed a new gate, some posts removed from the ground, and some muddy winter straw thrown away. It is an early-lovely-mild spring here in Ohio so they have been taking advantage of the sunshine!


I have spent the last 10 years as a part time church secretary, sittin on my butt. So the hard work feels good. Its like combining stuff that needs to be done and exercise! Hooray!
The farm is being redesigned and upgraded this year. We also need to find some time for extra funding. It all takes money. But we want to be able to open to the public more often; As we are also a rescue of exotics. This family has had all the permits-knowledge-expertise in this area for over twenty years. They have also been super smart and careful about it and have never been or will ever be in the news for an escape, or injury.


Our Bears are the happiest-chubbiest around!

Arctic Fox!

I love it there. The owners-workers-animals are all like family to me. I get to do things I never dreamed would be possible. Its so much work, More then I will ever truly understand. But whatever I can do to help- its worth it! <3
This is Pandora, our female Baboon. She is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment